Treats carnitine deficiency.
CarnitorThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine restores the level of carnitine, a substance naturally present in the human body. There are no known reasons that the medicine should not be taken when prescribed by your doctor.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it will be given.
- This medicine is injected directly into a vein, usually in your arm or chest. This is called intravenous (in-tra-VEEN-ous), or IV injection.
- A nurse or other care giver trained to give IV injections will give your medicine.
If a dose is missed:
- Skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- If you store this medicine at home, keep it at room temperature, away from heat and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Do not change brands without first checking with your doctor. If you refill your medicine and it looks different, check with your pharmacist.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you have a seizure disorder.
- Your doctor may want to test your blood while you are using this medicine. Make sure you keep all your appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Abdominal cramps
- Body odor
- Nausea and/or vomiting
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 9/4/2014